3 Series Portable Borehole Loggers
Our most popular logger, this very compact, highly refined, versatile device is in use around the world. Its highly durable design, optimal size and ease of use make it truly unique among commercially available portable borehole loggers.
- Runs geophysical logs in boreholes to depths of 300 meters using 0.1" single conductor armored logging cable.
- Compact integrated design. Operates directly from a 12Vdc sources and does not require a generator or inverter.
- Cable level winding is accomplished with a manually initiated device that works on the twist of the cable and not against tension as is the practice on competing winches. This greatly reduces the mechanical force, friction and operator intervention required to evenly spool cable.
- Mechanical disc brake. In conjunction with an integral one way clutch, the brake ensures that the winch cannot reverse direction or creep backwards. The brake also ensures that probe descent is always controlled and the winch drum is secured and cannot rotate during transport. If tension on the cable is released the winch stops automatically preventing troublesome pile-up of loose.
- Completely sealed noise free mercury wetted slip rings.
- Constructed entirely of corrosion-resistant materials. All appropriate surfaces are anodized or powdercoated.
- Standard GOI type cablehead.
- Optional: An integral 24 Vdc 9.2 Ah Lithium ion battery, combined with a highly efficient motor, gear reducer and complementary operational features, allows a full day's operation as a completely self-contained and truly portable system. This is the only motor- driven logger of its type with this capability.
Changes in new version
Instructions for use